AS a novice photographer, I wanted to challenge myself. Thus I began the 365 day challenge, where I need to take a photo or write something everyday.I chose with the very broad topic "The World Around Me" because my desire to become a capable photographer has it's roots in the desire to share the world how I see it. This is a journal to document my journey!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 9- Blossoming Tree in the Midst of a Forrest

Rain again today! I didn't have much time to get outside and shoot between storms. I ended up taking about 15 minutes to walk through the woods on the back of our property and found this tree in full bloom amongst all the other trees. I am not sure the type of tree it was, but it was just standing there alone. I snapped a few pictures. Once I got inside, I found that the close ups I took were all rather commercial looking and kind of boring. Thus playing with HDR ensues. After failing over and over to get the image to merge in a way I was happy... I got this.


After looking at it close-up, on the screen, from across the room, and zoomed out; I still can't tell if I like it or not. I really like the softness it has and it gives me a "whispy" feeling. Below are the original pictures used to get this image.




Yes, the more I look at the picture the more I like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment