AS a novice photographer, I wanted to challenge myself. Thus I began the 365 day challenge, where I need to take a photo or write something everyday.I chose with the very broad topic "The World Around Me" because my desire to become a capable photographer has it's roots in the desire to share the world how I see it. This is a journal to document my journey!

Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 11- Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day, so I hope it was a happy one for all the mothers out there. My day was pretty satisfying, even if I didn't get to play around with my nice camera. Still, I managed to get my photos taken on my cell phone which is equipped with a pretty decent camera. Since the quality isn't what it is normally, I will provide you with quantity. My sister and her boyfriend made the 2 hour trip up and we all went to Buca de Beppo for dinner. It was the first time I had gone and was rather impressed with the food. The spicy chicken rigatoni was amazing.






Before dinner we had fun waiting and Mario decided he was rather found of the tulips. He played with them for a while. He was completely devastated when I ushered him away from the flowers for their own safety. He spent the next 5 minutes collapsed on the ground in protest. Since I am somewhat used to his stubborn, two-year old ways, the silent protest showing that his world had ended really didn't phase me. On the other hand, it made a darn cute photo. 

















The final photo I have is for sheer laughs. For those that have never been to Buca, the art on the walls tends to be a bit risqué for a family restaurant. While, I had no desire to show the art that left my seven year old possibly scarred for life and uttering the phrase "Mom, that food was really good, but I think they should re-decorate before we come back cause it wasn't very kid friendly," as soon as we reached the sanctuary of the car, I couldn't help snap a shot of the wall across from me while I ate. So, for the entire course of dinner I had a giant finger directing my attention to the worst case of "plumber butt" that has ever been documented on film. 





All in all it was a great day! We laughed, ate delicious food and spent it with loved ones. I couldn't ask for a better world around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment