AS a novice photographer, I wanted to challenge myself. Thus I began the 365 day challenge, where I need to take a photo or write something everyday.I chose with the very broad topic "The World Around Me" because my desire to become a capable photographer has it's roots in the desire to share the world how I see it. This is a journal to document my journey!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 27- I Always Loved the Bearded Lady

Two years ago my mom brought me over a bag of iris bulbs that my grandma had dug up from her yard and was going to get rid of them. I planted them and waited and then waited some more. Then we moved and I had to dig them up and transplant them... twice. Finally, after two years of waiting, they finally are starting to bloom. I have been checking their progress several times a day just to make sure that the instant one pops open I can capture it forever. Today was the day that the first one opened!


1 comment:

  1. Now you know how I feel waiting for each bloom to open in my own garden! Lovely Iris.

    ReplyDelete