AS a novice photographer, I wanted to challenge myself. Thus I began the 365 day challenge, where I need to take a photo or write something everyday.I chose with the very broad topic "The World Around Me" because my desire to become a capable photographer has it's roots in the desire to share the world how I see it. This is a journal to document my journey!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 42- If I walked Down This Road, Would I Find Jim Morrison?


“I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps “Oh look at that!” Then- whoosh, and I’m gone…and they’ll never see anything like it ever again… and they won’t be able to forget me- ever." – Jim Morrison
Today, I was in the mood for some Jim Morrison and I decided that that man, broke the mold. He took freedom and grabbed it by the balls, dragging it kicking and screaming behind him. He looked at the world with defiance in his eyes. He may have been a spoiled child or a genius, but there is something about him that draws the world to him, maybe it is our own suppressed desire to live life unhindered by the chains of society. He may have lived life in a complete haze, but he had a unbelievably clear grasp on who he was and the principles he believed in.


No comments:

Post a Comment