AS a novice photographer, I wanted to challenge myself. Thus I began the 365 day challenge, where I need to take a photo or write something everyday.I chose with the very broad topic "The World Around Me" because my desire to become a capable photographer has it's roots in the desire to share the world how I see it. This is a journal to document my journey!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 29- Lava Lamp Stakeout

Last night I spent 3 hours standing in my daughter's room in the dark trying to photograph the exact moment when the lava in her lava lamp separated. It is almost embarrassing to admit that. I really wanted to work on my night photographs because I don't really have a good handle on the settings I should be using. Then I laboriously sifted through the hundreds of pictures. It was tedious task and complicated because the colors were not very accurate. The whole project slowed my 365 day project down because the editing took so long. A lot of work went into these pictures, but every time I passed her room I had the urge to get some shots of the lava. I think the abstract photos turned out great and so I didn't mind the work one bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment